Profiling and Team Building
When any group of people work together, the team leader and most of the employees are each competent and capable of doing their jobs. However, many challenges can occur if an awareness and leadership emphasis on the “people factors” is missing. When not addressed in the beginning, this dynamic often takes on a “life of its own” as people instinctively compare themselves and make decisions about other people based on their own biases and prejudices of what is “right” and “wrong.” They become defensive, want to be right, look good and not be dominated or controlled by others. They take up sides.
When we add another layer of people’s own personal challenges and agendas – i.e. long drives to work in traffic, family challenges, people holding out on their real feelings, trust not being sufficiently built, and trust levels being violated due to jealousy, lack of understanding, etc., etc., etc. it is no wonder that personality clashes and chaos become the standard or norm – rather than the exception.
Each problem can be solved and none of this need occur when an organization is PeopleSmart. Leaders can create a comprehensive Job Description for each role, clearly defining its behavioral as well as skill requirements. The right people are placed or promoted into the right jobs and everyone knows how to win at work. Performance reviews become a time for growth and development when people Smart policies, procedures, rules of the game, and rituals are clearly in place.
When meetings can be held where a “safe space” has been created, people feel free to share their “real” feelings and handle issues responsibly as they came up – without fear of reprisal. Without this in place, chaos happens with every people issue. Good employees leave and the team leader or owner often has to go back to “square one” – especially if, on top of it all, undetected or innocent mistakes in hiring have been made in the first place.
Carol Dysart and/or PeopleSmart Solutions Consultants help team leaders establish the systems outlined in “Money Making Systems: For People Who Work with People.” They guide you step by step through what is detailed in the book and helps you customize it for your business. They identify your needs and help to carry out what is missing in your business.
These can include the following:
How to hold productive team meetings:
• WIFLS – how to use at regular staff meetings.
• Rules of the Game, Policies and Procedures
• Personal Financial WIFLS to learn what is important to each person on the team and sharing your own personal goals
Profiling Team Leader and Members:
• Introduce profiling administration
• Group Interpretation and Team Building
• Private Interpretation and Needs Assessment
• Teaching how to People-Read to increase team, sales and customer service skills.
Role Profiling – Helping you hire the right people for the right roles:
• Create the Role Profiles for each key job or position
• Apply to Job Advertisements and Job Descriptions
• Role Clarity for specific behavioral expectations required for optimum role performance.
• How to apply Role Profiles to the Employee Review /Performance Evaluation process.
Team Analysis, Growth and Development:
• Meet with the team to help everyone understand what their own and each other’s profile report includes
• Analyze the entire Teams’ Profiles to identify emerging leaders and see where potential gaps will cause an imbalance in team.
• Identify potential interpersonal conflicts and how to resolve.
• Regular training updates to maintain the trust, rapport and communication skills.
• Include members of their families in the profiling service opportunity where appropriate..
Manager Growth and Development:
• Work with each manager to teach them how to interpret the profiles and to work 1:1 with each member of their team.
• How to make role of manager more satisfying and successful.
• How to identify succession or promotion potentials.
For further Book and Products available from PeopleSmart Solutions, please contact Excellerated Business Schools®, +1-619-224-8880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional DISC PROFILING Services by Carol Dysart and/or other certified PeopleSmart Solutions Consultants
Image by lumaxart via Flickr